The mission of International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research is to increase the efficiency, effectiveness, and fairness of health care to improve health.
ISPOR NZ Chapter serves the public interest by the following means:
1. Provide an environment where researchers, health care practitioners, and decision-makers interested in pharmacoeconomics and outcomes research can share knowledge at a country level.
2. Serve as a bridge in bringing together country researchers, health care practitioners, and decision makers interested in pharmacoeconomics and outcomes research and members of health-related organisations, academia, and the pharmaceutical industry.
3. Act as a resource at a local level for individuals interested in pharmacoeconomics and outcomes research.
Provide an opportunity for Chapter members to become more familiar with the activities of ISPOR as well as participate in its activities.
4. Encourage research and relevant training programmes in health economics and outcomes research in New Zealand.
5. Promote the science of health economics (including pharmacoeconomics) and outcomes research in New Zealand, by arranging and attending conferences and workshops that encourage the effective use of health care resources in New Zealand.
6. Do anything necessary or helpful to the above purposes.
* Pecuniary gain is not a purpose of ISPOR NZ Chapter.