ACWS believes in a world free from violence and abuse.
The Alberta Council of Women’s Shelters is a province-wide, voluntary organization supporting women’s shelters and their partners through education, research and services for the benefit of abused women and their children.
- In empowerment for women and equal worth of all persons.
- In strength of numbers together for a common mission.
- That the issues of violence and abuse are the responsibilities of the entire community including legal, social and political structures.
Our areas of concern are:
- Issues of family violence
- Breaking the cycle of inter-generational violence