In under two decades First Quantum Minerals has grown from a single mining operation in Zambia to a multinational business, employing over 13,000 people in eight countries across five continents.
Our remarkable track record is the result of a unique and highly entrepreneurial culture. From the values we promote to the structure of our business, everything is designed to free individual and collective ingenuity.
The result is that our people achieve extraordinary things… personally, commercially, technically and for the communities and environments in which we operate.
From the acquisition of Canada-based Inmet Mining Corporation in 2013 to our on-going multi-billion dollar investment in Cobre Panama, FQM is not just one of the world’s leading copper producers, it’s also one of its fastest growing.
• First incorporated in 1983
• Seven operating mines – Kansanshi (80% owned) in Zambia, Guelb Moghrein (100% owned) in Mauritania, Las Cruces (100% owned) in Spain, Kevitsa (100% owned) and Pyhäsalmi (100% owned) in Finland, Ravensthorpe (100% owned) in Australia and Çayeli (100% owned) in Turkey
• Development projects – copper smelter (Zambia), Sentinel (Zambia), Enterprise (Zambia), Haquira (Peru) and Cobre Panama (Panama)
• Compounded annual return of over 30% since listing on the TSX in 2000
• Stock exchange listings & symbols: TSX: FM; LSE: FQM; LuSE: FQMZ