CSN is a grassroots 501(c)(3) organization run entirely by people who have experienced psychiatric disorders. We serve adults in every county in Minnesota, providing support, education and advocacy to our peers, family members, mental health providers, policy makers and the general public.
In 1994, a small group of Minnesotans who had grown increasingly dissatisfied with the mental health system founded CSN as an alternative to traditional mental health care practices. Inspired by a national movement that focused on recovery and honored the personal experiences of every person affected by a mental health disorder, CSN is a leading expert in the consumer/survivor movement.
To transform, empower and build connections in our communities by promoting recovery and wellness.
We are dedicated to individual empowerment, education, community building and systems change to achieve a world free of discrimination.
- CSN is a 100% consumer led organization
- CSN’s focus is on wellness, not illness
- We meet people where they are; people discover for themselves what empowers them
- CSN believes in a person’s ability to make their own decisions about their wellness and recovery
- CSN values my creativity, uniqueness and what I’m doing in my life
- We are activists
- CSN is a statewide peer support organization
- CSN maintains the highest ethical standards