Established in 1964, SMAS-IP is a specialist Intellectual Property firm with a rich history that dates back to more than 50 years. It is now an internationally renowned firm which draws its strength and success from its clients, qualified and experienced human resources, and the vision of the founders.
As a firm, we have tailor-made our services and functions in line with our clients’ requirements and the economic trends in the Arab World in order to deliver the quality that our clients should get. Intellectual Property services’ offering is one of SMAS-IP’s areas of growth with its roots in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia where the headquarters of the firm is located. To date, the firm prides itself with 18 offices through the Middle East and North Africa and still counting.
SMAS-IP has offices in:
• Saudi Arabia
• West Bank/Palestine
Over the years, SMAS-IP has become a trustworthy partner for its clients and the firm boasts of a huge client portfolio which includes some of the world’s biggest brands who have put their faith in the firm to manage and protect their intellectual property rights in the MENA region. SMAS-IP has a large network of associates and agents to add to our scope of work to best serve our clients' interests globally.
SMAS-IP is a member of various international associations and institutions namely:
• International Trademark Association (INTA)
• International Association for the Protection of Industrial Property (AIPPI)
• Association for the Protection of Industrial Property in the Arab World (APPIMAF)
• The Institute of Trade Mark Agents (ITMA)
• Patent and Trademark Institute of Canada (IPIC)
• Pharmaceutical Trade Marks Group (PTMG)