NJM is perhaps best known as one of the largest auto insurance companies in New Jersey, with a rich history of outstanding customer service as well as premium rates that are among the most competitive in the state. NJM customers receive additional savings in the form of dividends, which have been issued to policyholders – not stockholders – in each year since 1918 for a cumulative total of nearly $6.0 billion.
You are eligible to apply for NJM car insurance coverage if you or your spouse is employed by:
• a member organization of the New Jersey Business & Industry Association (NJBIA)
• the State of New Jersey
• a New Jersey county, municipality, or township
• a New Jersey public school
• the federal government
You are also eligible to apply if you are:
• the named insured or resident spouse on a current or previous NJM policy for car insurance or homeowners insurance
• a current or previous resident insured operator of a vehicle covered under an NJM car insurance policy
• previously listed as an operator on an NJM commercial auto policy.
Founded in 1913 to satisfy the pressing need in New Jersey for a low-cost, reliable workers’ compensation insurer, NJM also provides commercial auto, homeowners and umbrella policies in addition to personal auto insurance. Flood insurance is available from the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) through NJM’s wholly owned subsidiary, New Jersey Reinsurance Company (NJRe).
NJM has three offices in New Jersey: West Trenton (home office), Hammonton, and Parsippany.