Berliner Nanotest und Design GmbH was founded in 2004 as a result of the joint project “centers for materials of microtechnologies”.
Since that we have been focusing on sub-level and system solutions as well as services in the area of reliability of micro- and nanocompounds. Meanwhile our company became one of the leading full-scale providers of engineering services for reliability, mainly in microsystem technologies and nanotechnology, for micro-testing and micro-analyses.
Main areas of our expertise include:
• thermal characterization of micro/nano materials and compounds
• reliability analyses of microcomponents for MEMS, microsystems and micro-/nanomaterials for a variety of applications using advanced experimental tools
• simulation of micro- and nano-stacks and packages
• evaluation of materials, components, connections, packages by means of a combination of instruments, such as numerical simulation, experimental testing and others
Our main field of activity are thermal problems. Focal points are:
• TIM characterization (closely manufacturing- and application-related)
• Package characterization (thermal analysis of packaging and thermal management)
• System characterization (thermally, thermo-mechanically and thermo-electrically)
• Reliability analysis (reliability with special emphasis on thermally induced effects)
• Numerical analysis (stationary and transient, based on FE simulation)
The activities include development and provision of unstandardized, problem-specific measure-ment and characterization services as well as development and sale of experimental set-ups and test beds.
To develop state-of-the-art solutions and beyond, we are engaged in a wide co-operation with national and European partners from industry, research facilities and industrial think tanks.