TechStart is a not-for-profit social enterprise run by Rushmoor Schools Plus & supported by First Wessex, Rushmoor Borough Council, Job Centre Plus & Future World of Work.
Our aim is to help people bridge the digital divide & get online by offering low cost or free computers, repairs, free training & advice, & work experience opportunities for job seekers
Our mission is to enable residents in Rushmoor & the surrounding area, particularly the disadvantaged, to experience the digital revolution by providing the training & equipment to bridge the digital divide.
Re-cycling computers and selling them at the lowest possible price, or giving them free of charge to those most in need, making them accessible to all. Those eligible for free computers will be referred to TechStart through support agencies & public sector organisations such as CAB, Social Landlords and charities.
Ensure people of all abilities have the skills required to make best use of a PC to save money, address skills gaps, improve their employability and reduce social isolation.
Increase the employability of local people by providing work experience & volunteering opportunities.
• Work in partnership to secure a steady flow of donated computers for re-cycling
• Recruit, train and develop a workforce of volunteers
• Provide training, or signpost to training, to help people build confidence and self esteem & use their inherent abilities to develop employable skills
• Act as a referral point for any disadvantaged or vulnerable people
• Provide a IT repairs service, substantially cheaper than commercial operations
• Desktop PC’s from £55 and laptops from £75, all with Windows 7
• Repairs from £35 (plus the cost of parts)
• Free WiFi
• Free employability & Digital skills training
• Information, advice and guidance on employment, training and digital issues
• Volunteering and Work Experience opportunities
• IT Training Suite for hire