OSMTH is a Swiss Registered (CH-660.1972999-4) Ecumenical Christian Confraternal Order, whose primary work is charitable and humanitarian in nature, focusing on all peoples afflicted by poverty, injustice, conflict and disaster.
Our national entities - Grand Priories - concentrate on humanitarian efforts and charitable projects, whilst OSMTH International - utilising personnel drawn from these national entities - represents the Order at the international diplomatic level to sovereign nations, regional and supranational bodies. At all levels such work is often carried out in partnership with and for the benefit of all peoples regardless of faith, creed or ethnic background.
OSMTH holds accreditation as a United Nations ECOSOC Non-Governmental Organisation (in Special Consultative Status, No.19885) maintaining:
• permanent missions in New York, Geneva and Vienna; and
• permanent delegations to the Department of Public Information (DPI); Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR); High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR); Office of Drugs and Crime (UNODC); Global Initiative to Fight Human Trafficking (UN.GIFT); the Convention on Women; and the Convention on Bio-Diversity.
Furthermore, the Order is an active partner of:
• the European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights (EU FRA);
• NATO Confederation of Interallied Reserve Officers (NATO-CIOR);
• Conference of Non-Governmental Organizations in Consultative Relationship with the United Nations (CoNGO);
• the International Peace Bureau (member), through which OSMTH serves as a nominating body to the Nobel Peace Prize Committee; and
• the International Centre for Religion and Diplomacy (through SMOTJ).