The Dayton Foundation is a community foundation that has been helping people help others in the Greater Dayton Region since 1921.
We provide unmatched services, resources, support and counsel to help individuals achieve their charitable giving goals; we assist other nonprofits by funding important initiatives and offering our expertise to help them operate more effectively; and we're helping build a better Dayton by identifying important issues and bringing together the people and organizations who can solve them.
Whether you are an individual, financial advisor, nonprofit organization or someone wanting to make a difference, The Dayton Foundation can help you help others.
Mission: The Dayton Foundation's mission is to strengthen our community through philanthropy and leadership.
Highlights & Accomplishments:
- In the most recent ranking of 800 community foundations nationwide, The Dayton Foundation ranked:
- 37th in market value of assets
- 32nd in the U.S. in grants (total dollars) made
- 28th in the nation for new gifts received
- Growth in assets from $3.3 million in 1979 to $416 million after depreciation (as of June 30, 2013)
- Growth in grants and charitable distributions from $.4 million in 1980 to $48.1 million in the 2012-13 fiscal year
- Second among all community foundations nationwide in the number of charitable funds under management and the number of grants awarded - more than community foundations in New York City, Los Angeles and Chicago.
- Legacy (planned and deferred) gifts totaled $215 million at the end of the 2012-13 fiscal year.
- Sustains a high level of stewardship, effectiveness and accountability:
- Nationally certified by the Council on Foundations for organizational and financial practices and has successfully met 43 National Standards set forth for U.S. Community Foundations, and