EThekwini Municipality is a Metropolitan Municipality found in the South African province of KwaZulu-Natal. Home to the world-famous city of Durban. EThekwini is the largest City in the province and the third largest city in the country. It is a sophisticated cosmopolitan city of over 3 468 088 people. It is known as the home of Africa's best-managed, busiest port and is also a major centre of tourism because of the city's warm subtropical climate and extensive beaches.
The eThekwini Municipality is an employer of choice, with excellent working conditions and competitive salary packages for employees. The Municipality is committed to creating a great place to work by creating development opportunities for employees to grow. Working for eThekwini Municipality will give you a chance to make a difference in people’s lives and become part of our team to make Durban the most caring and liveable city in Africa.
Some facts about eThekwini Municipality:
1. Known as South Africa’s Playground – plenty of places to visit and activities to do
2. First African city to host the Commonwealth Games
3. Historically rich with Heritage sites for Nelson Mandela and Mahatma Ghandi
4. Home to the Comrades Marathon – The worlds’ largest ultra-marathon
5. The world’s tallest bungee swing at the Moses Mabhida stadium
6. Durban Aliwal Shoal – a world top diving site
7. Durban harbour - 9th largest harbour in the world - busiest container port in Africa
8. Africa’s first Aerotropolis – Trade Port with direct links globally
9. One of the top surfing destinations in South Africa
10. Ushaka Marine World – Biggest Aquarium in Africa