We are the Environment Agency. We are the biggest and most wide-ranging environmental regulator in Europe. We work with businesses and communities to protect and improve the environment, for people and wildlife. And the need for our work is becoming ever more important.
We protect and improve the environment across England to:
• reduce the risks to people and properties from flooding
• help businesses and communities adapt to climate change
• reduce pressures on biodiversity
• help businesses to make sure they don’t harm the environment through pollution or taking too much water
• issue licences and permits, and take action against people who don’t take their environmental responsibilities seriously.
None of this is possible without a multi-talented team of professional and dedicated people. And just like the environment we help to care for, we’re home to an incredible diversity of skills and knowledge.
Today, we employ more than 12,000 people throughout England in a wide range of roles. You’ll find leading scientists and prominent geologists alongside public relations professionals, planners and policy advisors. We employ lawyers, enforcement officers and engineers, conservation scientists and marine biologists. And of course we have a wide team of support staff. We employ people at all stages of their career, from recent graduates to experienced leaders and internationally-renowned experts.
Find out how we manage our social media accounts at https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/environment-agency/about/social-media-use