GPS Renewables Pvt Ltd (Green Power Systems) is a waste-to-energy technology firm based out of Bangalore, India. GPS' inaugural product, the BioUrja is arguably the first viable waste to energy solution for an unsegregated ecosystem such as that of India. GPS has been recognized in the most respected forums, national and international alike as one of the most promising startups in this part of the world.
GPS is supported by Technovate, which is a joint DST (Dept of Science & Technology, Govt of India) and i2india Ventures incubator to support Indian startups working on indigenous technologies. GPS is also supported by the IKP Knowledge Park and the firm's research activities are funded are by the DBT (Dept of Biotechnology, Govt of India).
GPS has decentralized waste-to-energy plants in 9 states of India, including a power plant in Telangana. GPS' clients includes the likes of Infosys, Akshaya Patra, Philips Foundation, Alstom Foundation, Manipal University, BITS Pilani, Green Park Hotels, Art of Living, etc. GPS has projects in Bangladesh as well as has joined hands with Al Sulaiman Holdings for expansion in Qatar and rest of ME.
* Finalist in The TECH AWARDS 2014 in the Intel Environment Award category
* MIT Technology Review TR35: Top innovators under the age of 35
* Sankalp Awards: Clean Energy firm of the year, 2013
* Global Entrepreneurship Week: 1 of the 50 most promising startups across the world (and the only Indian startup to be a part of the GEW'11 Top 50 list)
* CNBC Young Turks
* IKMC'12 (International Knowledge Millennium Conference): 1 of 6 firms to be featured in the SME Energy Track