Gateway Community Health is a non-profit organization that ensures access to an integrated, contracted, and owned network that provides high quality, comprehensive, culturally competent mental health and substance use services for children, adults and their families, which support recovery, independence, collaboration and empowerment within the home and community.
We believe in:
- A highly skilled, competent staff, utilizing evidence based/best practices
- A recovery focus with the goal promoting hope, healing, empowerment and decreasing stigma of mental health
- A consumer driven environment
- A quality driven process throughout the organization
- A respect for all communities, cultures and ethnic populations
- A person's right to self-determination and choice
- Acting with honesty and integrity, the essential ingredients of trust
- A provision of mental health and substance abuse services in a safe, healthy and caring environment
Gateway Community Health (GCH) is a managed care plan network, funded primarily by the Detroit Wayne Mental Health Authority, for county residents with the most acute of mental and behavioral health issues.