Through RGD, Canadian designers exchange ideas, educate and inspire, set professional standards and build a strong, supportive community dedicated to advocating for the value of design.
The Association of Registered Graphic Designers represents over 3,100 design practitioners, including firm owners, freelancers, managers, educators and students.
RGD was created by an Act of the Ontario Legislature (Bill Pr 56) to grant designers with the designation "Registered Graphic Designer" or "RGD", and is the only graphic design association in North America to have this type of legislation.
The RGD designation is a signal of quality and competence. Successful candidates have met a rigorous set of standards and completed a test and portfolio interview, administered by the Examination Board for Registered Graphic Designers.
Our vision is for a graphic design profession that is valued for its contribution to life, commerce and society.
Each November, RGD hosts the DesignThinkers Conference (designthinkers.com) - Canada’s largest, most important event for the graphic design community.
Other initiatives include:
- International Social Good Design Awards
- The Business of Graphic Design: A Professional’s Handbook
- CreativeEarners Survey of Salaries & Billing Practices in the Canadian Design Industry
- Creative Directions Career Development Conference
- DesignThinker of the Year Award
- National Student Awards
- Mentorship Program
- AccessAbility Handbook and resources
- Advocacy initiatives
- Professional development webinars